Our client is a one of the progressive and innovative leaders in the travel dining industry. Expanding their brand at the Cairns airport, the client is looking for a Finance Manager who will be part of their small yet highly skilled and enthusiastic team with a reputation for quality and service. This role will be part of the Australian senior management team and has significant interaction with Group Finance and Treasury management teams at their Head office.
If you are up for new challenges, has excellent financial, strategic and influencing skills for a key leadership role, this position is for you.
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, you will be responsible for the accounting for all the company’s food & beverage facilities based at the Cairns Domestic Airport, current and future, including the possibility of future expansion into other locations within Australia.
Supporting the operations team, you will assist in the growth of the business by formulating plans, measuring and reporting performance against KPIs, taking ownership of financial transactions and all associated analyses.
Details of the job includes:
- Preparation of all related financial statements in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures including but not limited to: cash flow analysis and forecast, monthly management accounts, annual statutory reporting for tax returns purposes, etc.
- Month end, quarterly and annual reporting pack, liasing with the management team of the financial performance against budget/forecast incorporating key business drivers and highlighting risks
- Manage external audit process
- Analyse monthly financial statements and provide insights of the business
- Contribute commercial analysis relating to business proposals, forecasts and budgets
- Develop strong relationships with various stakeholders in the organisation.
- Relevant Accounting qualifications to bachelor’s degree level or higher – CPA / CA qualification also preferred but not a requirement
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in larger SME companies
- Thorough knowledge and experience in financial administration
- Relevant financial experience in retail and/or catering organization is an advantage
- Leadership skills
- Proactive attitude and problem solving
- An eye for detail
- Ability to explain and influence senior managers
- Ability to work to deadlines and meet them
- Strong excel skills
Applicants must be an Australian Resident to be eligible for consideration.
If you are ready to work for the best, and believe that you have what we are looking for, please send your resume to email@example.com or call Joms at (07) 4031 5000 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.