Staffing Solution is currently recruiting an experienced highly motivated
Galley Hand for a well-known business in Cairns
GALLEY HAND/KITCHEN HAND
Our client is a renowned institution being in the business for almost 30 years in Australian expedition cruises. Based in Cairns, the company owns a fleet of small ships that sail to different areas in Australia and Asia Pacific. Hailed as one of first choice in Australian cruises, this company is unstoppable. With a new ship launching early this year, they need lots of different staff on board!
We are looking for a galleyhand/kitchenhand to join our client’s team we require an outstanding individual with a strong sense of ownership, a fun personality who wishes to empower our team to deliver exceptional service.
This is a great opportunity to travel to beautiful locations throughout remote and exotic regions of Australia and the South Pacific for up to six weeks away at a time with accommodation and meals provided on board.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake and complete any relevant training and induction as determined
- Ensuring consistency and quality in all aspects of operations
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and the environment
- Assisting on board Chef with Kitchen prep
- Good knife skills
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Professional, positive, energetic role model
- Establish clear communications with staff and managers
- Reliable and well presented
- Passionate about providing good food
To be successful in this position you will need to possess the following minimum requirements:
- Experience in a similar role
- Flexible with travel and availability
- AMSA Endorsed Certificate of Safety training regarded
- AMSA Medical regarded
- First Aid and CPR essential
- Current RSA essential
In return, we will offer:
- An exciting position to be in a supportive team in one of the successful cruise ship in North Queensland.
- Training and experience onboard a ship
- Generous salary package
- An opportunity to travel to beautiful locations throughout remote and exotic regions of Australia and the South Pacific for up to six weeks away at a time with accommodation and meals provided on board.
Must be able for an immediate start
Applicants must be an Australian Resident to be eligible for consideration.
If you are ready to work for the best, by being the best that you can be, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 4031 5000
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.