We are urgently looking for a General Purpose hand to join our cruise staff in one of our ships in Cairns.
Our client is a renowned institution being in the business for almost 30 years in Australian expedition cruises. Based in Cairns, the company owns a fleet of small ships that sail to different areas in Australia and Asia Pacific. Hailed as one of first choice in Australian cruises, this company is unstoppable. With a new ship launched this year, they need lots of different staff on board!
This is a great opportunity to travel to beautiful locations throughout remote and exotic regions of Australia and the South Pacific for up to 4 – 6 weeks away at a time with accommodation and meals provided on board.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring consistency and quality in all aspects of tour operations
- General maintenance and cleanliness on board
- Deck Duties
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Professional, positive, energetic role model
- Reliable and well presented
- Fit and has the ‘can do’ attitude
To be successful in this position you will need to possess the following minimum requirements:
- Master 24/MED 2
- Experience in a similar role
- Flexible with travel and availability
- Also, we will need the following marine tickets: STCW95, AMSA medical, Yellow fever, ASSB, MSIC card, First aid and CPR
In return, we will offer:
- An exciting position to be in a supportive team in one of the successful cruise ship in North Queensland.
- Training and experience onboard a ship
- Generous salary package
- An opportunity to travel to beautiful locations throughout remote and exotic regions of Australia and the South Pacific for up to six weeks away at a time with accommodation and meals provided on board.
Must be able for an immediate start
Applicants must be an Australian Resident to be eligible for consideration.
If you are ready to work for the best, by being the best that you can be, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 4031 5000 and look for Joms.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.