Our client is one of the top venues in Cairns. Being a well-regarded company that attracts and retains high calibre people, who enjoy working in a professional but friendly environment, this is a great opportunity to capitalize in your finance and leadership skill.
Reporting to the General Manager and Group Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the accounting and financial reports for the hotel. Based at the heart of Cairns CBD, you will be ensuring that financial obligations are prepared according to compliance requirements and standards of the company.
Supporting the management, you will assist in the growth of the business by formulating and reviewing plans, measuring and reporting performance against KPIs, taking ownership of financial transactions and all associated analyses.
Details of the job includes:
- Preparation of all related financial statements in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures including but not limited to: cash flow analysis and forecast, monthly management accounts, annual statutory reporting for tax returns purposes, etc.
- Month end, quarterly and annual reporting pack, liaising with the management team of the financial performance against budget/forecast incorporating key business drivers and highlighting risks
- Manage external audit process
- Analyse monthly financial statements and provide insights of the business
- Contribute commercial analysis relating to business proposals, forecasts and budgets
- Develop strong relationships with various stakeholders in the organisation.
- Relevant Accounting qualifications to bachelor’s degree level or higher – CPA / CA qualification also preferred but not a requirement
- Minimum of 3 years relevant finance management work experience in a hotel environment
- Thorough knowledge and experience in financial administration
- Leadership skills
- Solid financial acumen
- Proactive attitude and problem solving
- An eye for detail
- Ability to explain and influence senior managers
- Ability to work to deadlines and meet them
Applicants must be an Australian Resident to be eligible for consideration.
If you are ready to work for the best, and believe that you have what we are looking for, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joms at (07) 4031 5000 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.