We are urgently looking for a trade qualified chef with marine tickets required for a cruise boat in Cairns. We require someone with an outstanding individual with a strong sense of ownership, a fun personality who wishes to empower our team to deliver exceptional service.
Our client is a renowned institution being in the business for almost 30 years in Australian expedition cruises. Based in Cairns, the company owns a fleet of small ships that sail to different areas in Australia and Asia Pacific. Hailed as one of first choice in Australian cruises, this company is unstoppable. With a new ship launching early this year, they need lots of different staff on board!
To be successful in this role:
You will be trade qualified in Certificate III (Commercial Cookery) with A la carte knowledge and excellent Food Safety and HACCP principles. You will have the appreciation of delivering an outstanding dining experience, a creative flair which allows you to experiment with new techniques, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills. The successful applicants will have a passion for cooking & take pride in their work & enjoy being part of the team.
To be successful in this position you will need to possess the following minimum requirements:
- At least 2 -3 years as chef in marine industry
- Prior Marine experience and marine tickets (STCW95, Marine cooking, AMSA Medical and Certificate) will be highly regarded
- Flexible with travel and availability
- First Aid and CPR essential
- Current RSA essential
In return, we will offer:
- An exciting position to be in a supportive team in one of the successful cruise ship in North Queensland.
- Training and experience onboard a ship
- Generous salary package
- An opportunity to travel to beautiful locations throughout remote and exotic regions of Australia and the South Pacific for up to six weeks away at a time with accommodation and meals provided on board
Must be able for an immediate start
Applicants must be an Australian Resident to be eligible for consideration.
If you are ready to work for the best, by being the best that you can be, please send your resume to email@example.com or call us at 4031 5000
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.