Do you enjoy being at sea? Do you want to be part of a team that surely makes a difference to our marine environment? This opportunity might be perfect for you.
Salary: $240- 245 per sea day
Location: North Queensland (off Rockhampton)
Start Date: Immediate
About the client
Be a part of an awesome team that aims to do research and services focusing on our marine environment. This is a team of scientists and researchers offering a vibrant atmosphere for you at sea. Travel to and from the drop off point will be arranged.
About this role
- Prepare meals for 12-15 staff on the boat on a 12-day roster.
- Comply with health and safety policies, procedure and role responsibilities as defined in the Safety and Health Responsibilities and Accountability procedures
- Order food in a set budget for stocking for the 12 day at sea
- Catering to dietary requirements as required
- Strong commercial cookery experience (preferably with an AMSA Certificate of Proficiency, Certificate 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery, Diploma of Cookery). This one is preferred but not essential
- Experience in working in a similar environment preferred
- Reliable and punctual
- A genuine passion for your trade
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong & outgoing personality
To be considered for this role, you must identify as an Australian Resident / Citizen
To apply please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 4031 5000 and ask for Joms
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.